MEREDITH MONROE'S FAREWELL EPISODE – While Jen is branded as a pariah, Joey (Katie Holmes) is once again torn between the men in her life facing the conundrum over choosing between Dawson (James Van Der Beek) and Pacey (Joshua Jackson) to write her college application peer recommendation from "The Person Who Knows You Best" and Andie gets the opportunity of a lifetime.
Andie recovers and returns home. She has frequent visits from Pacey, which incurs jealousy with Joey. While trying to figure out what she wants in life, she takes her father up on spending the rest of the year in Italy with his sister, Georgia McPhee. Jack and Jen are not speaking, and before leaving, Andie arranges for a dinner with the gang and tells them to mend fences.
- James Van Der Beek as Dawson Leery
- Katie Holmes as Joey Potter
- Michelle Williams as Jen Lindley
- Joshua Jackson as Pacey Witter
- Kerr Smith as Jack McPhee
- Meredith Monroe as Andie McPhee
- John Wesley Shipp as Mitch Leery
- Mary Beth Peil as Evelyn Ryan
Special Guest Stars
- David Dukes as Joseph McPhee
- Carolyn Hennesy as Mrs. Valentine
- This episode is dedicated at the end to David Dukes who sadly passed away in October 2000
In Loving Memory
- This is the last episode to feature Andie McPhee as a main character on the series.
- Pacey tells Andie that they will miss her optimism and enthusiasm.
- This is the last episode of the series to feature Meredith Monroe as part of the main cast.
- wonderful | EVERCLEAR
- Pacey and Andie in her room
- freedom from shame | MICHELLE CUMMINGS
- two wrongs and a right | THE NORMALS
- i will remember you | SARAH MCLACHLAN
- Farewell dinner