PACEY'S BIRTHDAY CURSE – Joey (Katie Holmes) plans a surprise party for Pacey's (Joshua Jackson) 18th birthday but panics when he makes her promise to keep the joyous occasion to just the two of them as his family has ruined every one of his past celebrations, and this will be no exception to the birthday curse.
- James Van Der Beek as Dawson Leery
- Katie Holmes as Joey Potter
- Joshua Jackson as Pacey Witter
- Michelle Williams as Jen Lindley
- Kerr Smith as Jack McPhee
Special Guest Stars
- Sasha Alexander as Gretchen Witter
- Dylan Neal as Doug Witter
- David Monahan as Tobey Barrett
- John Finn as John Witter
- Jane Lynch as Mrs. Witter
- This marks the 2nd time on the show that Pacey has celebrated his birthday; there's continuity issues, as this episode has Pacey born in January 1983, whereas Crossroads celebrated his 16th birthday around August 1998, indicating he was born in August 1982
- Pacey's mom keeps calling Joey, Joanna
- In a moment inching towards redemption John Witter buys his son fireworks because he remembered that he liked them as a kid and tells his son that he'll do great.
- Dawson and Gretchen start a relationship