Dawson and Pacey take small steps to rebuild their friendship, and in the spirit, Dawson tells Pacey that he has feelings for Gretchen. Pacey reacts by trying to set up a well-aware Gretchen with her ex-boyfriend, Nick, although seeing him stirs up a lot of feelings for her.
- James Van Der Beek as Dawson Leery
- Katie Holmes as Joey Potter
- Joshua Jackson as Pacey Witter
- Kerr Smith as Jack McPhee
- Mary-Margaret Humes as Gail Leery
- John Wesley Shipp as Mitch Leery
- Mary Beth Peil as Evelyn Ryan
Special Guest Stars
- Christian Kane as Nick Taylor
- Carolyn Hennesy as Mrs. Valentine
- Gretchen tells Pacey that she left college because she had a miscarriage – and the baby was Nick's, but she never told him.
- Jack advises Dawson on letting Gretchen know how he feels and Dawson leaves Gretchen a letter he wrote when he was in love with her when they were kids.
- Gretchen and Dawson start something
- broken boy | MICHAL
- if i am | NINE DAYS
- i think god can explain | SPLENDER