Joey prepares her valedictorian speech and Andie returns to Capeside for graduation. Pacey struggles with finishing his extra work in time to graduate with everyone else. Drue enlists Jen for a prank for the ceremony, but the principal is on to them.
- James Van Der Beek as Dawson Leery
- Katie Holmes as Joey Potter
- Michelle Williams as Jen Lindley
- Joshua Jackson as Pacey Witter
- Kerr Smith as Jack McPhee
- Mary-Margaret Humes as Gail Leery
- John Wesley Shipp as Mitch Leery
- Mary Beth Peil as Evelyn Ryan
- Nina Repeta as Bessie Potter
Special Guest Stars
- Meredith Monroe as Andie McPhee
- Dylan Neal as Doug Witter
- Mark Matkevich as Drue Valentine
- David Monahan as Tobey Barrett
- Harry Shearer as Principal Peskin
- My darling Joey
- I know if you're reading these words it means you've graduated from high school. Congratulations, sweetheart. You didn't have a lot, growing up. You even have been shortchanged one mother. Still, I want you to be proud of your family. If our strife has caused you pain, remember, it also makes you strong. Bessie is strong, and I'm sure she's taking good care of you. Of all the things my illness has robbed me of, I count the greatest of them watching you grow up. You're barely 13 now, still a young girl. And so, I'm left to imagine the woman you've become. Strikingly beautiful, I'm sure, and equally unaware of it. Quick-witted and strong-willed.
- Possessing the deep, soulful eyes of an artist, and a shy smile that regularly betrays the tough facade you do your best to keep up. If any of this sounds remarkably on the nose, it's because it's the girl you always were, Joey. And it's the woman you'll always be. Whatever you decide to do with your life, I know your future will be luminous. Wherever you decide to go when you leave, remember your days in Capeside fondly, and keep close those who shared your childhood. They will always love you in a way no one else can. And they will always be with you. Just as I love you and will always be with you.
- Love, Mom
- Bessie – It's not fair, you deserved a mother
- Joey – Bessie, I got two
- Meredith Monroe returns for her final Season 4 appearance. She returns once more in the series finale.
- Pacey graduates in absentia and only tells Andie that he graduated.
- pinch me | BARENAKED LADIES
- grad party
- if it's hurting you | ROBBIE WILLIAMS
- dawson and andie talk
- dream too small | AMY DALLEY
- andie and pacey
- if | DRAGMATIC
- Pacey sees Joey
- good mother | JANN ARDEN
- bessie and joey
- fields of gold (cover) | EVA CASSIDY