Dawson (James Van Der Beek) takes Jen (Michelle Williams) on a road trip to a small film festival in New Hampshire where his documentary is being honored. The spotlight is intoxicating for both of them as they share one of the single most momentous events in a boy's life.
A surprised Dawson wins a festival comptetition his late father entered him in and he invites a lovelorn Jen to accompany him to the festival. Joey and Audrey agree to go to a frat party as Jack and Eric's dates, while Pacey attempts to cheer up Karen.
- „I will not be usurped by some... Hollywood slickster!”
- „And a very special thank you to my girlfriend, Jen Lindley”
- First appearance of Oliver Chirchick.
- Joey and Jack have it out over Jack's douchey behavior.
- Dawson and Jen talk about why they broke up 3 years ago.