- „In a world where the people who raise you end up letting you down, it's an honour and a privilege to have you guys to turn to”
- —Dawson to the gang
A DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILY THANKSGIVING – When Jen's (Michelle Williams) mom (guest star Mel Harris, "thirtysomething") unexpectedly arrives in Capeside on Thanksgiving morning, Dawson (James Van Der Beek) confronts her about her secret past, and makes a decision to help bridge the gap between the estranged mother and daughter. Meanwhile, Jen continues to pursue a new type of friendship with Pacey (Joshua Jackson), and Mitch (John Wesley Shipp) and Gale (Mary-Margaret Humes) make known the future of the Leery family.
- Well, wake up and smell the sanctimony, Mom
- – Pacey when Jen tells him her mom's secret
- When you come to see your parents as human beings with their own problems it's, oddly, kind of liberating. When you realize they're way more messed up than you are, it's not worth your time or energy to go on despising them for it.
- – Pacey consoling Jen about her mother
- First appearance of Jen's mother and Grams' daughter, Helen Lindley, on the series.
- Jen's mother reveals that she got pregnant and gave up the child. She does not tell her that it was Eve.