BLAME IT ON THE MOON – On edge because of the ominous full moon, Dawson (James Van Der Beek) and Joey's (Katie Holmes) budding romance is overshadowed by the continuing deterioration of Mitch (John Wesley Shipp) and Gale's (Mary-Margaret Humes) marriage and Dawson's shattering discovery of his parents' Thursday night secret. Meanwhile, a promising first date is interrupted when Pacey (Joshua Jackson) gets a disturbing glimpse into Andie's (Meredith Monroe) home life, and Jen (Michelle Williams) plays with fire when she dates a mysterious older man (guest star Joe Flanigan).
- by moonlight many years ago
- my true love did I know
- by that moon I begged her wake
- but that night did she go
- young lovers – heed my word!
- don't squander love away
- the moon is changing ever still
- soon comes the light of day
- Jen tries to return to her New York behaviour, but it's obvious she can't.
- Andie and Pacey plan a first date.