- „Who was this chance encounter with, Deepak Chopra?”
- —Dawson to Andie
LIFE IS CHANGING – Dawson (James Van Der Beek), Joey (Katie Holmes), Jack (Kerr Smith) & Andie (Meredith Monroe) spend the weekend at a Boston university for an advanced look at college and where Dawson has entered his "Blair Witch" documentary in a student film festival. Elsewhere on campus, due to a clerical error, Joey's weekend guide is not what she expected; Andie's pursuit for an advanced admissions interview, leads her to some inspirational advice from an unlikely source; and Jack takes a risk and explores the local gay community.
Dawson enters a film festival with high hopes of winning first price, where he meets a volunteer, who turns out to be a talented filmmaker.
Andie hopes to get an interview with the Dean of Admissions, but ends up spending some time talking about life with the Dean's secretary.
Signed on for a weekend rooming with a college student, Joey finds herself in a lacklustre situation when it turns out she's rooming with a guy, who's not exactly enthusiastic about showing her the ropes.
As the only one not staying around campus, Jack walks around Boston to explore the scene and visiting a gay club.
- James Van Der Beek as Dawson Leery
- Katie Holmes as Joey Potter
- Meredith Monroe as Andie McPhee
- Kerr Smith as Jack McPhee
- Michelle Williams and Joshua Jackson do not appear in this episode.
- This episode marks the first appearances of Nikki, A.J. and Ethan.
- This episode of Dawson's Creek largely divides the cast into seperate storylines for each character.
- A similar approach is found in the Season 4 episode Four Stories, albeit several storylines in that episode feature more than one character.