- „It's not about getting it right... It's about knowing when it's wrong and doing something about it”
- —Andie to Pacey[src]
Andie McPhee is introduced as a somewhat high strung, but sweet and intelligent girl, with great academic ambitions and a very sociable nature. While she is an enthusiastic and passionate person, she is also of a somewhat innocent nature (perhaps created as a counter to emotionally worldly Joey and Jen), which also makes her come off as very cute.
Her drive at times can foster precarious situations where Andie gets 'tunnel vision' and can appear a bit ruthless to the people around her. This is more likely due to the immense pressure she and Jack are under from 1997-2000, after their brother Tim dies and the effect it has on the McPhee family.
- Andie was a fan favorite on the series, appearing first in the Season 2 premiere The Kiss, and quickly became a love interest for Pacey Witter.
- Her character exited the show early in Season 4 in the episode You Had Me At Good Bye – the character had eventually run its course, producers and Monroe commenting that the only story arc left for Andie would have been a relationship with Dawson Leery.
- The character was brought back for two guest appearances in order to provide closure for her character and to support the ongoing storylines at the time:
- In Season 4, when Andie returned to graduate
- In Season 6, to say goodbye to Jen and to show where Andie was in 2008.