- „You know you love someone when you can spend the entire night, sitting by the fire, watching them sleep”
WELCOME TO POTTER'S B&B – Joey's (Katie Holmes) friends and their families work together to make sure that the opening of Potter's Bed & Breakfast is a success and that she and Bessie (Nina Repeta) don't lose everything they have after Pacey (Joshua Jackson) surprises them with a visit from a prestigious travel critic. Throughout the weekend, Jen (Michelle Williams) admits her concerns to Grams (Mary Beth Peil) about getting close to Henry (guest star Michael Pitt); Jack (Kerr Smith) considers moving back home after hearing Andie's (Meredith Monroe) loving plea; and Dawson (James Van Der Beek) tries to understand the connection between his parents (Mary-Margaret Humes and John Wesley Shipp) even after their divorce.
Pacey convinces a reviewer to drop by the Potter B&B, much to Joey's chargrin. The whole gang comes to help the Potters fill their house with 'guests', including Gail and Mitch which incurs Dawson's ire. Andie wants Jack to move back home, Jen opens up to Henry and an important person makes a surprise return to Capeside.
- She hung up on me. A telemarketer hung up on me
- – Joey
- It's cumulative. You have to re-decide, over and over, every day
- – Gail to Dawson about breakups
- Phenylenediamine. It's a main chemical used to process film. It's an intense smell... at the time it smelled like possibility
- – Dawson
- Hickory buring in the hearth. Smells like 46 years of my life
- – Grams
- Grams reveals in this episode that she and Gramps were married for 46 years (possibly longer; in the Season 4 episode Coda, she tells Jen and Jack how they did not live in the house by the Creek as newlyweds ). This would mean Grams & Gramps wed at some point in 1952, if not earlier.