- „I can't be let off the hook, because I might just get the notion that it's OK to keep running”
- —Joey declaring her love to Pacey
Five years have passed and everyone is reunited in Capeside for a special wedding, but the happy reunion is cut short after the group learns that one of their own has been harboring a heartbreaking secret.
- James Van Der Beek as Dawson Leery
- Katie Holmes as Joey Potter
- Michelle Williams as Jen Lindley
- Joshua Jackson as Pacey Witter
- Kerr Smith as Jack McPhee
- Mary Beth Peil as Grams
Special Guest Star
- „It's not about getting it right... It's about knowing when it's wrong and doing something about it”
- —Andie to Pacey
- „It's interesting how people use that expression, life and death. As if to imply that life is the opposite of death, but birth is the opposite of death. Life...has no opposite”
- Michelle Williams added the 'love to the tips of your fingers' bit to her monologue.
- Pacey and Joey watching The Creek was the last scene shot. Pacey's tears are actually the actor emotional over the end of the series.
- Kevin Williamson's childhood friend, who Joey is based on, recently had a child at the time of writing the finale, inspiring Williamson to give Jen a baby in the series finale.
- Greg Berlanti wrote pieces of dialogue as well.
- angel | SARAH MCLACHLAN
- hand in my pocket | ALANIS MORISSETTE
- Jen and Pacey watch the season 1 intro credits
- healing hands | MARC COHN
- green apples | CHANTAL KREVIAZUK
- hands | JEWEL
- Montage after Jen dies
- say goodnight | BETH NIELSEN CHAPMAN
- Pacey, Joey and Dawson learn that Jen is dying; later the final montage